Radical transformation is the energy underlying the New Moon in Aquarius taking place in our lives on Tuesday, January 20, 2015 at 0°8′ Aquarius. The Sun, Moon, Venus and Mercury are all in Aquarius. It brings the energy to leave your burdens behind and forge new paths, although some of us might need to be shocked into doing it.
This New Moon bring with it some shocking moves — but ARE they so shocking? Is the upheaval really unexpected?
A half century ago people, committed to the idea and practice of freedom and equality and the abolition of racism in the United States of America, linked arms and marched. They knew they faced great danger and even death, but they determined to be radical, to be revolutionary and face whatever they had to face to achieve the dream. They did a new thing, and even if they knew it would be met with resistance, what happened was shocking.
When the world saw the savage violence put up an obstacle and resistance to the demand for freedom, equality and humanitarian treatment, radical transformation occurred.
There is an episode of Star Trek in which Spock expresses disbelief (particularly in his facial expression) that he is stung by poison arrow from a plant that sprays such arrows as a defense, after he stands directly in front of it. Sometimes we face certain situations knowing what it could mean for us Stung by arrows? Well…that IS what happens when you do something that could result in a negative consequence.
The modern co-ruler of Aquarius, Uranus, is in Aries and in a tight square with Pluto in Capricorn at this New Moon on January 20, 2015.
This prescribes radical (Uranus) transformation (Pluto). Any astrologer can tell you that fact. It means things are out of your control after having been in your control for a long time. You have had an opportunity to change. there has been anger, frustration, struggle, and overall intensity for a long time. Now, there will be transformation of some sort because the time has come.
It has come because Uranus in Aries will aggressively, if not angrily force radical change where it is necessary and it will come in a place in your life where you have needed to transform for a very long time.
You have a CHOICE, however, to effect positive change on an INDIVIDUAL and PERSONAL level in your life.
The Sun and Moon are solidly supported by Saturn. Because Saturn in Sagittarius provides lots of room and opportunity for expansion (Sagittarius) to make sudden radical changes or to experiment (Aquarius) in your life through making a commitment or being disciplined (Saturn). Saturn is not only in Sagittarius, but is also the co-ruler of Aquarius. Saturn in Sagittarius will discipline, limit and restrict you if your demands for freedom are inappropriate, selfish or hurting yourself or others. Saturn in Sagittarius is Spirit’s way of bringing limits and restriction to whatever area of life in which you are undisciplined, excessive, or immature. Sagittarius is of the mutable element so you will not feel a rock hard push like with Saturn in Scorpio. It is more flexible, even if it is moving toward the same goal.
I want you to set your intentions under this New Moon. It occurs early in the morning on Tuesday so I suggest that tonight, Monday, you light a candle or two and write your intentions on paper, then meditate upon them. You can also do it again early Tuesday morning before the busyness of the day gets going as it is an early lunation. You intentions should embody Aquarius qualities and embrace the house in which the degree and sign occur. Look to where you have the New Moon in Aquarius in your natal chart.
Do you need some suggestions for how you can leave your burdens behind and create a new you with the first New Moon of this new year? Here are some:
- New Moon in the 1st house – Be humanitarian and give your time and/or money to good causes. Create a new look for yourself..
- New Moon in the 2nd house – Obsessed with money? Detach emotionally from money (care and respect but don’t obsess, worry, fear or disregard). Allow your values to be radically transformed based on what you now know. Find a way to earn money through the internet, astrology, spirituality and/or the metaphysical.
- New Moon in the 3rd house – Engage in free speech. Be fair to yourself and your extended family members by stating who you are and what you value, by being yourself and by shedding facades
- New Moon in the 4th house – Radically clear clutter out of your home environment by throwing out whatever you have not used in the last 12 months. Change your home and family life by committing to the creation of a family of your own.
- New Moon in the 5th house – Date a different type of person. Plunge into a new creative form. Experiment sexually or radically change your sex life.
- New Moon in the 6th house – Discipline yourself at work. Experiment with new ways of working that are more productive. Commit to working smarter, not harder. Commit to team work.
- New Moon in the 7th house – Commit to marriage. Experiment with new ways of relating to your spouse/partner. Make more room for your spouse/partner in your life. Radically transform your business or change the type of business you do.
- New Moon in the 8th house – Start seeing a therapist to free yourself from your obsessions dysfunctions and negative patterns. Experiment with new methods such as tapping
- New Moon in the 9th house – Start teaching or studying a new online course. Enroll in the spring 2015 semester at a college or university. Take a new professional studies course. Do some religious/spiritual exploration. Do some thinking about your beliefs.
- New Moon the 10th house – Publicly promote your internet, astrology or metaphysical business. Start a new social media and/or public relations campaign for your business as personal branding.
- New Moon in the 11th house – Experiment with new and more open ways of relating to your friends and within groups and associations. Clingy? Give yourself and your friends more space. Start using the internet in a new way, deleting your old posts in online groups and forums and giving yourself space to rebrand your online presence.
- New Moon in the 12th house – Commit a year of volunteer work to a humanitarian cause. Sacrifice and serve for a cause such as Habitat for Humanity.
As you make these changes and move toward freedom in your life, remember to leave behind all that will keep you stuck in the past, stuck in a rut and imprisoned in some way. Nelson Mandela was correct. In order to be truly free, you must leave your burdens behind.
Taking It Further
Has this information been helpful to you? You can receive more helpful and empowering insight:
- Book an astrology consultation
- Order a one-time Tarot reading
- Arrange a Tarot advising service
You can do it all from this blog!