The New Moon in Aries is about wounding and healing, especially within family, about family or potential new family. It occurs at 1:28:05 AM PST on March 24, 2020 at 04°12′ Aries conjunct Chiron at 05°17′ Aries and Lilith at 06°23′ Aries. There is wisdom, compassion and love bound up in this karmic wounding and healing. There is also no room for fear and inhibition to keep you bound to the past.
The New Moon is a serious one, calling for detachment from sentimentality and acceptance of reality, as it is supportively sextile Saturn at 00°09′ Aquarius. With Aries ruler Mars at 04°12′ Capricorn, we all have WORK to do and we need to take care of business.
This new era of Saturn begins on March 22, 2020 and I like this energy! Saturn is the old or classical ruler of Aquarius, later supplanted (or to some astrologers (joined by) Uranus. I consider it a co-ruler of Aquarius. We are going to see some restrictions around a lot of the excesses of the world (and maybe even some serious “downfalls”) over the next three world – excesses that are leonine (Leo) in nature. Think….”social media influencers”, celebrities, power players and royal families. Those who think that “all the world is a stage” may really break a leg and find the spotlight dimmed or that the glare of it shows things they would rather not have the world see.
Liberation and Entrepreneurship
But the spiritual aspect of this New Moon in Aries that really excites me – and I do mean excites me as I have a natal Moon in Aries – is something about themes of liberation and entrepreneurship!
I call the infamous “Generation X” the “Just Do It Generation” because they learned to not whine and cry about the broken world they were handed by Baby Boomers. They did what they had to do – and are still doing it – to make ends meet, triumph and thrive, Many got through being a latch-key kid and became single parents while holding down jobs. This generation drove entrepreneurship in the United States of America and did it without becoming a social media “influencer”. This generation quietly but most determinedly gets what they need to do done, largely outside the spotlight, without help. They liberated themselves from the bonds chaining them to a negative legacy of brokenness, divorce, economic chaos and loss. They did it through hard work, entrepreneurship and the creation of families, careers and lives.
Chiron, Lilith and New Life
This New Moon in Aries is the first one after the Vernal Equinox that marks the season of spring. Soon we have the Jewish high holy season of Passover (a celebration of liberation and life) and the Christian season of Easter coming. These have their roots in the rites of spring. Fertility! Sperm! Pregnancy! New life! We have come through the transformation of winter (even as we come into a world with COVID-19/Corona virus).
This New Moon may provoke a resurfacing of childhood wounds associated with your parents. Get ready for feelings of fear, grief, alienation, victimization or rejection! Feel like damaged goods? Worry about being the butt of someone’s malignant behavior? Do you struggle with low self-esteem or lack of confidence? This energy is lurking with this New Moon in Aries hugging tightly to Chiron in Aries. With Lilith joining that hug only one degree away, the thoughts could be quite painful and deep.
On one hand, you may react more aggressively to your pain and start hurting yourself and others. But on the other hand this is a time for healing. Chiron rules astrology, medicine, hands, words and the symbol-rich Tarot, You can heal your body through your mind. You can heal your life through your mind.
Love in the Time of Corona Virus
God is the creator of this universe and we are all connected as part of the tribe of human beings on this planet. Our connections, our family relations are being called forth. We are experiencing deaths in high numbers because of the Corona virus or COVID-19. Our elderly, children and sick are especially vulnerable in this time. We must take care of them and ourselves as best as we can and if we do lose someone to illness and death, we need to be prepared to mourn rather than be shocked. This is going to sound cruel to some of you, but I will say it because it is fact: we are human, we are mortal, illness occurs and death happens. We have history to inform us that plagues and the resulting large-scale death tolls are a fact of human life on Earth. What then is important is what you do with this life you are living. What is important to you? What is your focus? How are you living your life that is the best way to live it and produces the good? Figure it out and get busy doing it. You see, life goes on, no matter what happens.
Soldier of Love or Something Else?
This New Moon in Aries is a fiery newness of refinement that is giving us the opportunity to hone in one what is important and to focus on it with a burning passion that produces something new and improved in our lives. Are you a Soldier of Love, the warrior of which Sade sings? Let the pain and loss free you and be free of the pain and loss. This is an opportunity for our lives to be lit by a fire of liberation that frees us from what needs to die in our lives – what needs to be left behind. It is also the ignition of strength to carry forth through the death of people, relationships, and situations in our lives. No excuses. Just do it.
Here are some ideas about the effects that you may personally experience around this New Moon in Aries and how you can act:
- New Moon in the 1st house – Pioneer and leader. Be bold and courageous!
- New Moon in the 2nd house – Analyst and investor. Recognize your high value and show it to the world. Examine your finances and take a calculate risk for an investment in yourself or that benefits you!
- New Moon in the 3rd house – Inspirational and motivational speaker. Family Inspire your larger family of siblings, cousins, aunts and uncles and/or your neighbors!
- New Moon in the 4th house – Keeper of the home fires. Take charge of your homelife. Display your passion at home, creating warm spaces and trying new approaches Lead in creating a new family tradition!
- New Moon in the 5th house – Brave creator. Take whatever steps are necessary to get someone pregnant or get pregnant yourself in some way
- New Moon in the 6th house – Fight for your health. Start researching alternative remedies to the prescription medicines you take and/or new ways to heal. Be an aggressive leader in the realm of your personal health. Push for better hours, new ergonomic work furniture or even to work from home and lower your stress!
- New Moon in the 7th house – Soldier of love. Openly initiating or pursuing love, partnership or business colleagues. Confront enemies and seek resolution to problems!
- New Moon in the 8th house – Face your fears and bravely kill them so you can reveal a new level of yourself.
Courageously defend and empower a weaker person so they can transform some area of their life!
- New Moon in the 9th house – Educate yourself with determination. Maven a subject by admitting you need education in something and then start studying. Set aside specific daily time for it. Open your life to new cultures, perspectives and opportunities! Start learning a new language!
- New Moon in the 10th house – Initiate a career-changing project. Build or rebuild your public reputation and shape it the way your desire it to be!
- New Moon in the 11th house – Join a new group. Take steps to manifest your hopes, wishes and dreams. Make a new friend. Push to manifest your wishes hopes and dreams. Write postcards to overseas friends!
- New Moon in the 12th house – Bravely open yourself to a new spiritual path or level of understanding. Sacrifice your old thoughts on the altar through spiritual cleansing. Convert to the religion of your new understanding. Let what needs to be released burn away and initiate new beginnings into shape!
Pushing, fighting, defending, acting…thee are all courageous ways to initiate new beginnings and bring new healing to old wounds. This is really the start to a new year!
Where does the New Moon in Aries occur in your natal chart? What is this lunation telling you? How will you use this energy?
Order a consultation today to learn how to harness this and upcoming lunar energy in your life