Solid. Thick and grounded. Steady. Rock hard. Dependable. Lasting. Profitable.
These adjectives describe Barbara Streisand and Cher (Cherilyn Sarkisian). These two women have been unstoppable. They have steadily, stubbornly paved their paths to success and maintained that success for a half century.
These words also describe all that is coming our way in a few days under the solar eclipse at 8º 51′ Taurus on April 29, 2014 (April 28 on the West Coast of the USA). Many will benefit from this solar eclipse because it is about unstoppable new beginnings (solar eclipses always are about new beginnings). But that is not the only reason:
If you have planets in Virgo, this one’s for you! A generation with Pluto in Virgo between 5-15 degrees (born in the late 1950’s and early 1960’s) will be feeling very strong, stabilized and successful under this lunation. Not only is Taurus in a trine aspect to Virgo (a positive aspect) the eclipse is occurring conjunct Mercury, the ruler of Virgo. With earthy Pluto in Capricorn also trine this lunation, Saturn in Scorpio supporting Pluto in Capricorn by mutual reception, and, finally, Jupiter exalted in Cancer sextile (another good aspect) it, this eclipse already promises, in any life area it touches, solid upward gain.
But wait, there is more — We also will have a Grand Trine in Water (Jupiter in Cancer, Saturn in Scorpio and Neptune and Chiron in Pisces in the middle degrees. This water will help with shaping and forming whatever it is you desire.
My Sun in Virgo peeps– you just can’t lose on this one!
Virgo the Virgin, complete within herself, is solidly riding The Bull, who is clearing the way for her to go wherever she intends to go. Nothing will impede her success with The Bull beneath her.
This eclipse is at Taurus 9 in Sabian Symbols: A Christmas Tree is Decorated and Shines in the Darkness. Christmas is a time of luxury, beauty, giving, sharing, bringing of joy and light. Cher has made her mark in the world with not only her distinctive voice but her luxurious style. Cher and Barbara Streisand are both Taureans. Cher knows how to celebrate, how to dress it up and play it off well. All the while, she, like Barbara Streisand, maintains a powerful grip on her finances and ensures her success. These are two solid figures in the entertainment, film and music industries. We know when they come on stage, they BRING IT. We can depend on it. They bring light and brightness, joy and having-it-all into the world.
Christmas occurs during the dark of winter when all is cold and dead outside. It is a celebration of the new life coming into the world. It is a celebration of children and a time when all are welcome to laugh, play and be joyful. We put on our best clothes, our festive clothes and we dress or decorate a tree with bright and shiny baubles. We spend time and money in order to enjoy this occasion.
This New Moon solar eclipse is calling us to plant our feet and spend time and money (invest) — in/on ourselves and those in our lives. We are being called to stop living in fear and disdain of money and success, to stop fearing and resisting our relationships with others, to stop complaining and worrying about other people’s credibility, success and accomplishments. We must also stop fearing and disrespecting ourselves. This is a New Moon about dressing up our lives and putting on shiny new selves and getting out there in the world to share the wealth.
While we cannot ignore the Cardinal Grand Cross ocurring right now, it will not be able to shake the good vibrations of this New Moon solar eclipse in Taurus.
With this New Moon in place, determine that you WILL have a new beginning. Check your chart for where this lunation takes place and be ready to tell God/Universe what it is you want to happen in your life and be clear on how you intend to demonstrate that desire. Set an intention. When you do, you make things happen.
What intentions can you set on this eclipse? Try these, depending on where the eclipse is occurring in your natal chart.
- New Moon in the 1st house – Invest in yourself so people can see you have confidence in yourself and that you are reliable.
- New Moon in the 2nd house – Do something concrete to increase your income or save some of your income. Having money is a good thing. Today is a day to DO something to increase your income.
- New Moon in the 3rd house – Communicate to your siblings, cousins, aunts/uncles, or neighbors that you are trustworthy and reliable person.
- New Moon in the 4th house – Secure your home and make it more luxurious. Increase your family’s sense of security with your presence.
- New Moon in the 5th house – Invest some time and money on a creative project and/or a child.
- New Moon in the 6th house – Perform actions that show your colleagues and/or boss your solid value, credibility and reliability.
- New Moon in the 7th house – Make strong and clear commitments in your relationships.
- New Moon in the 8th house – Review your finances and make provision for people in your life.
- New Moon in the 9th house – Solidify your spiritual, material and intellectual resources by educating yourself formally or informally.
- New Moon in the 10th house – Be credible, confident and above reproach in your private and public life. Brand yourself as a person of high quality with good values who also brings value to others.
- New Moon in the 11th house – Be a solid friend and where you have not been, change that now.
- New Moon in the 12th house – Give your time, money and goods to charitable causes.
It is time to be solid as a rock in your life.
Expect what occurs in the three days of the New Moon solar eclipse in Taurus to be evident not only over the next month until the New Moon in Gemini on May 29 but for THREE months (May, June and July).
Where does the eclipse fall in your chart? What are your rock solid intentions for this New Moon?